|Smooth as Pierre, the tight rope walker, yours truly as the gender defying Claud(ine), LeAnna as Esmerelda the fortune teller and Rory as strongman|
(makes about 20)
1 cup pancake mix
1 cup milk
2 tsp. vegetable oil
1 15.5 oz. bag of Oreos, frozen for about an hour (this helps when frying)
about 2 quarts vegetable oil for frying
1. In a large, deep saucepan, heat your oil to 375 degrees. (You'll know the oil is ready when you place a drop of batter in, and it immediately rises to the top and starts to fry. If it falls to the bottom of the pan, the oil's not hot enough.)
2. Mix pancake mix, egg, milk and oil in large bowl.
3. Working with three Oreo's at a time, place the cookie in the batter, and using a fork, coat each cookie thoroughly with the batter.
4. Fry the Oreo until batter is golden brown and puffed up. Using a slotted spoon, remove and place on a rack over paper towels to cool.
5. For a finishing touch, sprinkle fried Oreo's with 1 tablespoon confectioners sugar. Enjoy!