Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Official Most Wonderful Tastiest Post About Cookie Dough (for now, at least)

It's official... I've found the secret to happiness. Maybe we knew it was cookie dough all along, but now I can eat all the cookie dough balls I want without having people give me that "aren't you worried about all those raw eggs?" glare. Maybe it's just me, but the cookie dough balls in candy and ice cream just don't cut it. I need the real deal, and with a simple swap of milk for the eggs, these chocolate chip cookie dough bon-bons are sure to be a crowd pleaser! I've already eaten about a dozen of 'em, and I know my brother Devin and best bud Marney will probably be drooling once they read this post (Don't worry, I saved you some, but they're going fast!) promised in my previous post, recipe card included!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bon-Bons

2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped out (or 1.5 teaspoon vanilla extract)
1/3 cup milk 
1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

1 12 oz. bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 12 oz. dark chocolate chips, preferably 60%
Sprinkles, for garnish (optional)
1. Beat butter and sugars and in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add milk and vanilla. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt and mix on low speed until incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.
Cover and chill dough for 1 hour.

2. Using a melon baller (or your clean hands) form dough into 1" balls and arrange on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper. Place sheets in freezer and let chill for at least 30 minutes or overnight.

3. Place about 75% of the coating chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on half-power, being very careful to stir the mixture every 30 seconds until it is almost completely melted. Add the remaining 25% of the chocolate and stir continuously until melted. 

4. Using forks, dip frozen cookie dough balls into melted chocolate to cover. Let ball rest for a moment on the fork to drain any excess chocolate, then return to waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Garnish bon-bons with sprinkles while the chocolate is still melted. Place in the refrigerator until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
For authentic vanilla flavor, use a real vanilla bean in this recipe. You won't regret it!


No comments:

Post a Comment